The technique of threading is the key to getting your own fabulous Hollywood eyebrows.
Threading is an ancient method of hair removal originating in middle east and India. In more recent times it has gained popularity in Western countries.
In threading, a thin (cotton or polyester) thread is doubled, then twisted. It is then rolled over areas of unwanted hair, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing, where single hairs are pulled out one at a time, threading can remove short lines of hair.Results of threading last just as long as waxing, and it typically costs the same (or less), even though threading requires somewhat more time and technical skill.
Threading over waxing:
- Waxing has the potential to burn the skin, leaving blisters and possibly scars.
- Wax residue, or occasionally the products used to remove the wax residue, can sometimes cause skin irritations (tiny bumps that often look like acne) Since threading requires no products, it is less likely that the skin can become inflamed.
- Unlike waxing, threading does not have the possibility of lifting, tearing, or over-exfoliating the skin.
- It is safe for people using strong medications such as Accutane, Renova, Tazorac, Differin, Retin-A, etcetera. or also for those who have particularly dry skin, or have gotten a little too much sun recently. (If any of these apply to you, you should NOT be getting waxed in the treated/affected areas, and if you are using Accutane, you should not be waxed anywhere, since it’s an oral medication)
- Many are convinced that threading is more precise, and can achieve a better shape.
- Often, clients have reported that their skin appears less red immediately after threading (compared to immediately after waxing) and the redness typically seems to subside more quickly.
- There is no possibility for double dipping; sanitation for this procedure is as easy as the practitioner washing his or her hands and using a new piece of thread for each client.
Services Offered Face Threading:
Lip & Chin
Eyebrows & Lip
Sides Of Face